Sunday, September 22, 2013

tie your hair back, Dax is turning TWO!!

I'm not sure what took me so long to post this, but better late than never, right? 

I finally jumped on the foldover elastic hair tie bandwagon. But, in true Andrea style, refused to buy a pre-made five pack when I could buy yards of elastic for around the same cost and then make a ton of them.  So that's what I did! They are super easy to cut and tie, I learned that 9" is the best to have it tie your ponytail 3 times. And I prefer the bow-tie look as opposed to the knotted look that is so popular, that way they look cute on your wrist while not keeping your hair back. I picked 15 colors and got 2 yards of each for about $20.  I love them even more because they don't leave as harsh of a 'ponytail bump' as the olden style hair ties. 



I wanted to celebrate Dax's birthday by thanking the gals at his school. And just like the scarves I made for Christmas I figured I very well couldn't thank the 6 or so teachers he has had this year without thanking the 8 or so he randomly comes in contact with or who may become his teacher this next year. This was an easy project for me, and of course I am
very proud of the outcome. 

"tie your hair back, Dax is turning two!"


I used construction paper and let Dax paint/blot it to cut up and glue on cardstock. 
 
He also paint/blotted the box.


As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment